Resources on BPD and DBT
- Chapman, A. L., & Gratz, K. L. (2007). The borderline personality disorder survival guide: Everything you need to know about living with BPD. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications
- Chapman, A. L., & Gratz, K. L. (2013). Borderline Personality Disorder: A guide for the newly diagnosed. Oakland, CA: New Harbinger Publications
- TARA (Treatment and Research Advancement National Association for Personality Disorders) is an advocacy group that provides good resources, information and family workshops/conference
- Linehan, M. M. (1993). Skills Training Manual for Treating Borderline Personality Disorder. New York: Guilford Press –> update
- Linehan (2014). DBT Skills Training Manual – Second Edition. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
Finding Treatment/Other DBT Programs
- DBT LBC (Directory of Certified DBT Clinicians)
- Behavioral Tech Ltd. (Training Organization for DBT Clinicians)
- The DBT Centre of Vancouver (Vancouver, BC)
- CAMH BPD Clinic (Toronto, ON)
- Surfing Tsunamis at Davenport-Perth Neighbourhood and Community Health Services (Toronto, ON – DBT Skills Training Group only)
- Delisle Youth Services (Toronto, ON, Adolescent Only)
- Associated Youth Services of Peel (Mississauga, ON, Adolescent Only)
- EBT3 (Individual DBT-Informed Treatment)
- DBT Hamilton (Hamilton, ON)
- Broadleaf Health (Guelph, ON)
- DBT in London (London, ON)
DBT Peer Support
- Rathus, J., & Miller, A. (2014). DBT Skills Manual for Adolescents. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Miller, A., & Rathus, J. (2006). Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Suicidal Adolescents. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
Resources for Family Members and Loved Ones
- Family Connections (12-week groups for family members): Sashbear, Family Outreach and Support Program
- Manning, S.Y. (2011). Loving Someone with Borderline Personality Disorder: How to Keep Out-of-Control Emotions from Destroying Your Relationships. New York, NY: Guilford Press.
- Friedel, R.O. (2004). Borderline Personality Disorder Demystified, New York: Marlow & Co
- National Education Alliance – Borderline Personality Disorder maintains an incredible resource website with videos, links to resources, information etc. for families, clients, researchers, professionals
- If Only We Had Known: A Family Guide to Borderline Personality Disorder: a 5- video series